"You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives." ~ Clay P. Bedford

This chronicle is a record of my quest to seek & share new arts, ideas, theories, emotions, & experiences.
To become more knowledgeable, I must, first, become a wiser student.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Beh-me.



This was my lunch today - a Vietnamese sandwich, submarine, hoagie, whatever you want to call it.

I've indulged in this foot-long delight since I was a kid; basically, whenever my dad decides to make a trip to the Vietnamese grocer, he'll pickup a few for the family.

What makes this new for me is Wiki'ing how to spell, in Vietnamese, this beast of a sandwich.

Bánh mì or bánh mỳ

Here's how you can phonetically say it with an English-American tongue:

1. Pretend like you're saying the first syllable in the word baby. "bey"
2. Say the word me. "me"
3. Beh-me.

No comments:

Post a Comment